Voting

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tea Party



Tea Party





















(noun)
1. social gathering, usually in the afternoon,
at which tea and light refreshments are served


























Since I was a little girl, I have loved tea parties. There was something about the beauty and the feminine aspect of the china, tablecloths and centerpieces that made me feel like a princess. Sipping tea as a little girl made me feel grown up and formal.
I have collected teacups for years now. I can't believe all the different sizes and patterns. I don't have a favorite, they are all my favorites.




There is a silver teapot that has been in our family for 5 generations. We had to have an estate sale when my mom went in a nursing home,and we knew that this family heirloom was something that had to be saved. My sister in Delaware, has it in her safe keeping. Hopefully, the generations yet to come will pass this down to their relatives.

I remember when "Tea Rooms" came to our city, and I was so excited. Each time I walk into one, it takes me back to the childhood feelings I had. The smell of home-made bread and scones with cinnamon butter and jams made me not want to leave and deal with the hustle and bustle of the reality of our busy lives. Fresh fruits were cut like flowers and salads with poppyseed dressing made me feel like a queen. Each desert looked like a work of art.



Now I share this wonderful experience with my granddaughters.




Recently, I came across a darling miniature tea
set. I knew I had to make something with it. I found a wooden box and went to work. I made a fun tea party in a box. With paint, paper and fabric, I made tablecloths, runners, place mats and centerpieces. I love that it all fits into one box and you can take it wherever you go. I hope it brings fun and fond memories of tea parties for my granddaughters and other little girls.

I am making custom orders of "tea party in a box". Please contact me at nindy@clickworld.net for pricing and colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment