Voting

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Banners

ban·ner/ˈbanər/


Noun:A long strip of cloth bearing a slogan or design, hung in a public place or carried in
a demonstration or procession.




\




Banners are becoming very popular in the craft world. It's a fun way to express creativity, to introduce a name,or to decorate at showers.

A friend asked me to make a baby banner for a baby shower, and the theme is birds in the pastel colors. Pastel are my favorite and with the help of a "Cricut" machine, the die cuts are endless to help create banners.

I first cut out the bird cages from glittery cardstock.



Since the cardstock was white, I used chalks or inks to color each one very lightly. I then cut out the birds from different pastel papers and just to make them stand out, I went around each bird with a fine tip black marker.



I then cut out the letters and background squares, also going around the edges with a fine tip black marker. Some of the background squares, I ran through an embosser using a bird embossing plate.



I then started building on the bird cages with flowers, bling and other accessories.

You can use many things to connect each individual banner, but I chose a soft pastel pink tulle. It just seemed soft, delicate and like a baby girl.



I added extra birds in between the cages and added some green vines.

Banners are so much fun to make and the themes are endless. Here are a couple of other banners I've made:








So, I hope the new baby girl and her mommy enjoys her "baby banner" and grows up to love little birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment