Voting

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Standing Mini Album





If you are a crafter, than you know that youtube and ustream have changed the crafting world in a big way.  At your finger tips you have videos of every new product that comes out and where you can buy it with a click of a "paypal" button.  Each paper company not only releases 5/6 new paper lines every 6 months, but each one has it's own flowers, stickers and embellishments that match that line.

Each company also has design team members that make a project a week out of the new products, which entices us to want to buy the "showcased products." Then, if that wasn't enough, there are classes on every night of the week on ustream by designers, showing you how to make the projects and just in case you haven't spent enough money already, they just reinforce the thought- " we need more!"

It doesn't take long before you have more product coming in than projects going out.  This creates an abundant overflow in your craft room.  I predict in not so long future, there will be rehab for crafters.

When I found that I had no more places for any more supplies and couldn't remember what I had bought, it was time for a plan of action.   I was given a wonderful gift for Mother's day- a professional organizer.  The best gift I have ever received. ( In case you are interested- Amy at simplicty4u.net is who I am using.)

Amy is a woman with a label making machine, and not afraid to use it!!  She has organized, helped me purge, rearranged my supplies for better access and has labeled all my supplies.  It is such a good feeling to know where everything is, opening a closet door without bracing yourself for an avalanche, and having space to craft!  It is life changing- I highly recommend it.


So, with all that said, I have been very motivated to create.   This album I created this week is from a wonderful designer-Stephanie Miller (withinagrin.blogspot.net)   I love everything she makes.  I used the same paper line and embellishments she used because I fell so in love with her project.

This album is made out of paper bags and chipboard and is designed to stand up.  A ribbon with a magnetized flower attaches the front to the back to helps keep it closed and standing.

Each page has a pocket to hold a tag.
I love all the rich colors that are in this paper line.  They make a great back ground for any photo.


I used a bottle cap to attach to the front , glued it to a flower petal and pink glass beads were placed around the bottle cap.
I'm on to another mini album- trying to keep the ratio of more supplies going out than coming in.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment