Voting

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Embellish



em·bel·lish/emˈbeliSH/

Verb:
  1. Make (something) more attractive by the addition of decorative
  2. details or features: "blue silk embellished with golden embroidery".

I took a couple of weeks off from crafting due to an upper
respiratory infection.
It really knocked me on my bum, and I didn't feel like
doing anything.
I feel like I've been very "unproductive", so it feels good
to get back into my craft room.


I've been working on a couple of more projects this past week.
One was this cute little thrift store skirt. $1.99. It looked like
this.


I added ric rac, ribbons and lace and love the way it turned
out.

The next was thrift store shorts. Same price. Here is before
As you can see, they are very plain. Again I embellished with
ric rac, ribbon, lace and butterfly.
Here's the front:
Here is the back:
To cinch up her t-shirt she will be wearing with these, I
attached a pony tail holder to a flower I made.
Another project was one I saw on a etsy store.
It was a little pricey, and I thought I could make
my version of it. I cut out a piece of felt and after
4 hours of glueing bling mesh to it, I made a Minnie
Mouse with a bow. We are attaching it to a little
t-shirt.
I had a couple of plastic belt buckles from my grandmother's
stash and colored one, blinged it up, added flowers and made
another cinch for a t shirt. Here are before pictures of these
buckles. I bet they are around 75 years old. (Thanks
grandma!)
Here it is after I embellished it.
I found this darling elephant material at my favorite
quilt store. I thought it would go with the Disney theme
and looked like Dumbo. I had to be careful and only
use a portion of the fabric. Some of it had the elephant
in a martini glass, which I did not think would be "age
appropriate."
An easy way to make a quick dress is to add fabric
to a t shirt. I found this cute ruffled fabric and added
it to the bottom of this t shirt. Very easy and fast.

In between sewing, I love making cards. Here are
a couple I have made lately.
Working on a couple of other projects and will post when
I finish them. Hope you enjoy these and hope this inspires
you to make something beautiful out of a plain, inexpensive
thrift store find. Just remember, you can embellish anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment