Voting

Friday, April 1, 2011

Crafting



craft (krft)
n.
1. Skill in doing or making something, as in the arts; proficiency. See Synonyms at art1.
2. Skill in evasion or deception; guile.
3.
a. An occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity or skilled artistry.
b. The membership of such an occupation or trade; guild.
4. pl. craft A boat, ship, or aircraft.
tr.v. craft·ed, craft·ing, crafts
1. To make by hand.
2. Usage Problem To make or construct (something) in a manner suggesting great care or ingenuity


I have crafted since I was 6 yrs old. My mother was a crafter and started me out by making potholders on a loom, then advanced to a spool with nails on top "knitting" an endless strand of yarn going nowhere. I then learned to sew sequins on Christmas decorations and on and on. I learned to sew from my mom and took sewing in junior high. I started to make my own clothes . (It's a miracle the outfit lasted the whole day at school!) My MIL was a true artist and also inspired me. I would go weekends to her house and all we would do was make projects. No cooking, no making a bed, no kids; just crafting. She passed away over 20 yrs ago and I miss her so much.

I took a break for awhile due to health problems, but now the fire is lit again. When our oldest son built our house 6 years ago, he insisted I have my dream craft room and did he ever deliver. It's the size of a 3 car garage and it's my sanctuary.

I now am sharing my love for crafting with 2 out of my 4 granddaughters.(2 yrs and 8 months are a little to young)
It is so much fun to watch these little ones create and have know no boundaries to their creations. They will sit for hours and craft with me (6yr old and 4 yr old). We listen to music and let the creativity flow. They call me Nindy (between Nanny and Cindy) and I am trueley blessed with 2 grown sons, a husband of 39 yrs, 2 wonderful daughter in laws and 4 precious granddaughters.

I am hoping to share my crafts and hopefully inspire someone to use the gifts, God has given them.
Right now I am a member of a craftsite @ yourpaperpantry.ning.com. Please check it out. It's $12.00 a yr to subscribe and I have learned sooooo much from all the wonderful, creative women. There are pictures and "how to videos"on anything you can imagine to make. If you sign up, would you please refer to me as the person that referred you to this website. There are swaps each month and I am doing 2 swaps this month. One is a flower swap. The theme is "April Showers" and the color scheme is Blue-green. Attached are the flowers I have made and submitting. You make 4 cards of 4 different flowers and you will receive 16 different flowers in return. I can't wait to see what the other ladies send me.
I hope you all enjoy my blog and please sign in or leave me a comment in the space provided. Happy crafting!! Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment