Voting

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Vintage



vin·tage (vntj)
n.
1. The yield of wine or grapes from a vineyard or district during one season.
2. Wine, usually of high quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin.
3. The year or place in which a wine is bottled.
4.
a. The harvesting of a grape crop.
b. The initial stages of winemaking.
5. Informal
a. A group or collection of people or things sharing certain characteristics.
b. A year or period of origin: a car of 1942 vintage.
c. Length of existence; age.
adj.
1. Of or relating to a vintage.
2. Characterized by excellence, maturity, and enduring appeal; classic.
3. Old or outmoded.

I had the pleasure of giving my mother an 80th birthday party. She loves anything "vintage", so I made that the theme of her party. She didn't mind since she said she was vintage herself.

I tried to use bits and pieces of her life to be represented through the decorations.I made the invitation using her picture when she was 16. I just covered it with vellum and with the party information on it. Then fastened with ribbon and jeweled centerpiece.
I used hanging vintage purses on the table and put plastic ware in it , also hanging her nurse's cap.


I scattered pictures about the tables, from childhood to present. I used pearls and crystal boggles on the table to give it more of a vintage look. I had a separate table with cake and punch with more pictures and
memorabilia.
I made favors for each of the guests. I just decorated little paper mache boxes and tied with a ribbon with a
sentiment. I placed teabags in each box.




We even had her greatgrandaughter,
Alessondra, dressed in a little vintage outfit.

I am so thankful I did this party. Shortley afterwards, my mother fell, broke her hip and now is in a nursing home with Altzeimer's. Each time I visit her, I wonder what era she is stuck in that day. She certainly has many memories to dwell on. I wish I have the mom back that is in this picture. For now, I pray for her daily and cherish the times we did have together. Love you "Glo"




No comments:

Post a Comment