Voting

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Favorite things













fa·vor·ite (fvr-t, fvrt)
n.
1.
a. One that enjoys special favor or regard.
b. One that is trusted, indulged, or preferred above all others, especially by a superior: a favorite of the monarch.
2. A contestant or competitor regarded as most likely to win.
adj.
Liked or preferred above all others; regarded with special favor.

As I go through this season of my life, I find that I have alot of "treasures" or favorite things. Things that seem to wrap their arms around you and transport you to more innocent time or yesteryear. Of course the treasures of my heart are- God, family,and friends. But for some reason, there seems to be a sense of urgency, for some reason, to try to do more, learn more, create more, and love more.

Looking around my house, there are favorite rooms that give me such peace. I have a guest bedroom, which I did in a "wisteria" color. I wanted a room where I could put most of my vintage things. My great uncle's 100 year old iron bed, old chests of my grandmothers, and my great-grandfather's wooden cradle.


It's amazing that you can create a room around 1 piece or painting that inspires you. I have a cross stitch piece that was done by my grandmother for me when I was born. I created a room for grandchildren around it.

It's stained and tattered, but precious to me.

When the first granddaughter was born, I designed and made the bedding and window treatments around this inspiration piece.



yrs old.
I also keep some of my old dolls that are over 55 yrs old.

When we built our new home, 6 years ago, my mother-in-law had painted me a picture in 1981. The colors were so beautiful and vibrant, I designed the sun room around it.
My favorite room is, of course, my craft room. A room to design, create and play for hours.

As soon as the craft room is cleaned up a little (I have too many projects going right now to show pictures) I will post pictures of my sanctuary.

Until the next blog, take time and enjoy some your favorite things and leave me a post about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment